Monday, March 14, 2011

Roots

When the Padres talked dollars with Aaron Harang last fall, a sunny place strengthened their hand. San Diego tugged at Harang, and for reasons beyond the sunshine, golf and scenery that Harang enjoyed while growing up here. "My wife had twins in mid-December," he told me. "Most of our family lives in San Diego -- grandparents, aunts, uncles. So, it's going to be nice that, when we travel, I know we have somebody to help my wife out." Harang attended Patrick Henry High (as did future pro athletes Eric Karros and Ricky Williams) and San Diego State, but San Diego's summers are a distant memory for the 32-year-old. "It has been 13 years since I've been home in the summer. In college, I was gone to play baseball -- Canada one year, Cape Cod the next."

No comments:

Post a Comment